Monday, June 27, 2011

.: oN beiNg a bEst maN :.



never thought in my life, one day I’ll be holding a “kipas” and standing next to a couple on their big day..maybe for some, that will be their childhood routine of playing ‘kawen-kawen’ with their kindergarten frenzs. But for me, my childhood is juz playing indoor; coz I was quite closeted back then.

and now, here comes my best frenz wedding where I could not resist his request to be his best-man for his big day..fadzwan a.k.a rashid is my senior who’s married to yatie; also a good frenz of mine-where we met at 2nd college, during our sophomore years back in University Malaya.

It was kind of experience!! to tell you the truth, how excited i am to be part of their big day and at the same tyme I feel really nervous of what will happened on d day itself. I’ve never imagined this thing would happen to me. It was a mixed feeling actually.

I soon realize that planning a wedding ain’t a hanky panky stuff. It WAS hard!! yatie’s from perak, where her family holds a strong traditional wedding customs. And for me - from a best-man perspective, I found it quite delicate and yet hard to see such customs been practice nowadays. Great experience gained!!

Every details restricted by this ‘pantang-larang’; from the way you smile, how you sit & walk, your sitting posture, et cetera were taken into account. For a 1st timer like me, I found it hard to practice those things in a short time; but I believed there always a reason behind everything; especially with the old customs that our ancestors practiced and keep passing it from generation to generation. As people always say “dengar cakap orang tue-tue”..meaning, u juz nod without questioning!! LOL =)

5 comments:

eRiN said...

Of all the bridesmaid/bestman i ever known u are the most nervous bestman i've met so far.hahhahahha. The bride pon tak mms her baju to me about what to match but u did. owh anyway. have you heard pengapit biasanya kawin lambat. It's a cursed. Will you fall for it?hahahhahha .(saja nak takutkan awak, jodoh ditgn allah anyway)

Take note on the reason behind all those pantang larang will be better and u wil feel the beauty of those adat and at the same time u can avoid something syirik. heheh my 2 cents

Hilman Nordin said...

Alhamdulillah. Good to know everything went on well. Congratz to the best man too!

Uih, since ko dah pakar ni, tak lama la tuh. Ke nak jadi best man ak pulak? LOL!

asrulnizam said...

erin: i nervous sb takut i would spoiled my frenz big day..!! am i rite?? =)

asrulnizam said...

hilman: sure np jd best man ko..aku cam lambat je lagi..!!hehe, org mana?? LOL =p

Hilman Nordin said...

haha, setakat ni, kalau jadi, antara dua negeri hari tu lah. haha.